Saturday, December 13, 2008

Archive: Wilco Live (8/4/08)


I can still remember the excitement on hearing Wilco were on there way to NZ, I had to pinch myself! Then the wait, the wait...and finally here I was waiting for them to hit the stage. When they did, man did they deliver! A two hour set with a collection of great tunes from songs off Sky Blue Sky such as Impossible Germany, to hits off previous albums, Jesus Etc., Heavy Metal Drummer, Company on my Back, Shot in the Arm...it was a greatest hits set that left no one wanting. The musicianship was superb and Tweedy's interactions with the crowd were relaxed and good humoured. The sound too was great, awesome clarity that did the band the justice they deserved. This is definitely one the top5 gigs ever. So pleased to be there!

No comments:

Post a Comment